Nowadays many people use Google Calendar.To read events from your public Google Calendars you’ll need to create a Google API key and save your plugin settings.This is mainly used to track the events.The Calendar API lets you integrate your app with Google Calendar, creating new ways for you to engage your users.
Get Google Calendar API Key:
- Go to the Google Developer Console and now create a new project this process might take a second.
- Once in the project, go to APIs and auth > APIs on the sidebar.
- Find “Calendar API” in the list and turn it ON.
- On the sidebar, click APIs and now click on Credentials.
- In the “Public API access” section, click “Create new Key”.
- Now Choose “Browser key”.
- If you know the domains of your google calendar, enter it or else leave it blank. You can also change it later.
- After the process, Your new API key will appear. It might take some time before it starts working.
Make your Google Calendar public Using API
- In the Google Calendar interface, click on “My calendars” area on the left.
- Now click on downwards arrow which appears on the screen.
- Now a menu will appear. Click “Share this Calendar” option.
- Now click on “Make this calendar public” option.
- Make sure you clicked on “Share only my free/busy information”.
- Then Click on “Save”.
- Now your Google Calendar is public using API.